Frequently Asked Questions
All Compact Instruments come complete with a calibration certification. This does not contain any test values.
Also available at a small charge are:-
1. A six value calibration certification traceable to national standards.
2. UKAS accredited calibration certification.
Prices exclude VAT, taxes, duty and carriage.
These are normally shown under the product range.
Various accessories are available for the Advent and Concorde range, these are listed on the relevant page.
Compact Instruments do not have a trial before purchase policy.
These are listed on the relevant web pages.
All Compact Tachometers and Optical sensors are supplied with 3 off 75mm x 25mm strips of reflective tape. Extra tape is available to purchase in accessories under ref RT5.
Yes, it can be exchanged, provided it is returned without damage, in its original box, with all contents clean and unmarked. after testing a re-stocking refund equivalent to 25% of the original listed price will be deducted from the credit value.
Manuals & Instructions
Yes see PDF download on each item.
These are contained in the product instruction manuals and can be emailed on request.
Payments are made in pounds sterling.
Credit facilities are by application and are dependent on volume and purchase history.
Most products are ex stock and dispatched next day.
Contact us regarding volume purchases.
There are three types of calibration.
- Calibration card included free with most instruments, Traceable to national standard but contains no calibration data.
- In-house certificate, traceable to national standards with calibration values at 5 points. Available at extra cost of £85.00.
- UKAS certificate is available at an extra cost of £125.00, in this case the calibration is performed by a UKAS accredited test house.
Cost of calibration normally £85 plus carriage.
There is a small charge for an inspection, this is wavered should the repair be sanctioned.
This is dependent on the damage or fault. The product will be inspected and a quotation provided on the cost for the repair.
Normally 6 months.
Yes, we provide a repair service on our own instruments.
UP to 50m length Depending on application, type of cable and routing. Contact our technical department for advice.
Signal is a pulse output (NPN 4K7 pull-up).